Thursday, November 11, 2010

Family

I have had some pretty hectic moments with my pretty hectic family. I am very grateful though that I grew up with siblings so close in age. As we've gotten older, we have developed such a strong bond between us that can never be broken. I love my sisters so so much and I don't know what I would do without them. Sometimes it is hard to accept the fact that we do not have the same brother that we grew up with... he is a very different person with complicated problems. I still love him with all my heart, but it is almost like he isn't even a part of the family anymore because he is never around. It pains me to see the stress it puts on my family.. esp my mother. All that aside, I am grateful that I had this family. Yes, there are many times I wish that I had the perfect family.. but I know that I am a stronger person and able to handle more hardships because of the family that I had... I look at Andrew's family who have minimal problems (at least not severe ones.. or maybe they just know how to handle them better than we do)... and I am grateful and so blessed that I have inherited them as my own family. It is like night and day, our two families.. but I love them both.

1 comment:

  1. Families can be the biggest support and comfort or the biggest cause of stress! Hang in there with your brother, he might not be the same person you grew up with, but it doesn't mean he won't turn out a great person. He might just need to me time to try new things, make mistakes and learn from it.

    I don't know what I would do without my family, even though at times I haven't always gotten along with all of them!

    ReplyDelete